Last Modified January 9, 2020
The Site contains links to third-party websites, including websites of our business partners. We do not own, operate or control the websites of those third parties. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any websites maintained or operated by third parties for the collection, use, storage, disclosure, or other processing of your Personal Information. When you click on those links, you will go to a third-party website where you will be subject to that website’s privacy statement and we encourage you to read that policy statement.
Summary of Key Considerations
Collection – We collect Personal Information that you provide to us or that we obtain while you are using the Site.
Protection – We employ reasonable safeguards to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and designed to ensure correct use of Personal Information.
Use – We use your Personal Information to provide you with services from our Site, to build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use, to contact you about services, and to send advertisements, marketing material, and offers that we think might be of interest to you.
Sharing – We share your Personal Information with our external service providers, third-party vendors, in-store associates, or as otherwise necessary to support a transaction with you and manage our business.
Access to Your Personal Information – You may change, access, or delete your Personal Information by accessing your profile or by contacting us at Support@ArtemisBrandsCBD.com.
Children – We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children or persons under the age of 21. If a child or person under the age of 21 has provided us with Personal Information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us at Support@ArtemisBrandsCBD.com.
1. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information to enhance the services we offer you, maintain and improve the Site, protect the security of you and our Site, comply with legal obligations, and inform you about other services and products that may be available through us, our affiliated companies, and our marketing partners. We collect Personal Information about you when you interact with or use services offered on the Site, such as by:
- Registering as a user on the Site online or at one of our stores
- Registering for our newsletter
- Participating in promotions and surveys
- Submitting comments and reviews
- Connecting or interacting with us through LiveChat or through social networks such as Facebook or Twitter
- Interacting with our store locator
- Interact with our mobile application
- Request customer or technical support
Personal Information includes:
- Your name
- Your postal address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your IP address and location
- Information about the device, Internet Service Provider, and mobile network that you use to access the Site
- Purchase, return, and exchange information
- Your wish list
- Search terms used and webpages visited
- Social media information
- Other relevant data
Even if you do not send us any Personal Information, we collect certain non-personal information about how you use our Site through cookies and similar technologies.
2. Use and sharing of Personal Information
Whatever the purpose may be – whether we share with service providers or other external entities – we process and share your Personal Information only to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and meet our legitimate business and legal objectives. When we disclose Personal Information to external entities to perform support services for us, we establish by contract that they may access your Personal Information only for the purposes of performing those support services. We may also use what we know about you to offer you other products and services. We may combine your online information with information collected from offline or online sources, or information we already have. We may also use and disclose certain Personal Information to our affiliated companies and others for any purpose allowed by law.
Artemis Brands Business Activities. We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to others to:
- Prevent fraud and allow for safer e-commerce shopping experiences
- Notify you when an item or type of item is back in stock and when new items become available for purchase
- Provide you with products and services, including managing product returns and exchanges, authenticating authorized users, and marketing our products and services
- Perform certain transactions initiated by you
- Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our products
- Send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, other notices you requested, and offers tailored to you
- Enable our advertisers to provide you with more personalized content, and track the effectiveness of certain advertising campaigns
- Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, and prevent any suspected illegal activities
- Help us run our business
- For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and administration of the Site
Location of Servers and Transfer of Information to the United States. The Site is hosted by servers in the United States, which might not provide the same level of data protection as your home country.
3. Legal grounds for the processing of Personal Information
- Necessary to provide information or otherwise carry out the performance of a contract with you as an individual
- Our legitimate interests, including:
- Performance of the contract with you
- Implementation and operation of a group-wide matrix structure and group-wide information sharing
- Customer relationship management and other forms of marketing and analytics
- To prevent fraud, misuse of company IT systems, and money laundering
- Whistleblower scheme operations
- Physical, IT, and network perimeter security
- Internal investigations
- Potential mergers and acquisitions
- Compliance with legal obligations and defense against legal claims, including those in the area of labor law, social security, and data protection, tax, and corporate compliance laws
- Protection of the vital interests of any individual
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Artemis Brands
- Consent, as permitted by applicable law
4. Your rights concerning your Personal Information
You have the following choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
- Marketing Communications. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other communication from Artemis Brands, please contact us at Support@ArtemisBrandsCBD.com. However, even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, returns, product-related inquiries, surveys, recalls, or questions regarding a specific order.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. Please review your browser or computer settings for certain cookies and see below to exercise certain choices regarding cookies.
Some jurisdictions maintain local data protection regulations that confer certain data protection rights on individuals. Artemis Brands will address those rights if required by applicable law. If applicable and you wish to exercise any of those rights, please contact us at Support@ArtemisBrandsCBD.com.
- a. Right of Access. You might have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Information is processed and to request access to that Personal Information. However, this right is not an absolute and the interests of other individuals might restrict your right to access that Personal Information.
- b. Right to Rectification. You might have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed.
- c. Right to Erasure (Right to Be Forgotten). Under certain circumstances, you might have the right to have your Personal Information erased.
- d. Right to Restriction of Processing. Under certain circumstances, you might have the right to restrict how we process your Personal Information.
- e. Right to Data Portability. Under certain circumstances, you might have the right to receive Personal Information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and you might have the right to transmit that data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- f. Right to Object. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information by us. Where permitted by applicable law, you also might have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority.
We take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to prevent its unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technologies and updated methods. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information will not occur, despite our reasonable efforts.
6. Data Retention
The Site is not intended for or directed to children or persons under the age of 21 and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from, or knowingly track the use of the Site by, children. If Artemis Brands has actual knowledge that Personal Information about a child under 16 years old has been collected, then Artemis Brands will take the appropriate steps to delete that child’s Personal Information.
8. Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
We also collect information, some of which might be linked to you personally, through various technologies. In accordance with applicable law, Artemis Brands uses and allows third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, online tracking tools, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) on the Site. We process this information to help the Site function correctly and to better understand the needs of our customers.
We also may use certain information to identify new visitors to the Site, recognize returning visitors, advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us, analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, better understand our audience, customers, or other visitors to the Site, and to determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your browser to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain features of the Site and limit its functionality. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Those browser features are not uniform and we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads. We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads delivered on or through the Site. This may also include ads delivered on other companies’ websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, your postal code may be used to target an ad for people in your area. Those ads may also be based on your activities on the Site or on third-party websites.
10. Comments and Questions
212 South Wagner Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Attention: Customer Service
You also may contact us by phone at (734) 585-0621 or by e-mail at Support@ArtemisBrandsCBD.com.